Thursday, June 07, 2007

Books I'm Not Reading -- Too Many to Mention

Here's a list of the books currently in my "Hey, I wouldn't mind reviewing that" pile. Between now and the end of August, I'll have space in The Chronicle to cover eight of these, max.

See the problem?


MAY
The Last Colony by John Scalzi
Brasyl by Ian McDonald
The Music of Razors by Cameron Rogers
13 Bullets by David Wellington

JUNE
The Execution Channel by Ken MacLeod
Ragamuffin by Tobias S. Buckell
Acacia by Anthony Durham
Harm by Brian Aldiss
A Good and Happy Child by Justin Evans
Blaze by Richard Bachman


JULY
Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis
9Tail Fox by Jon Courtenay Grimwood
Th1rte3n by Richard K. Morgan
Shelter by Susan Palwick
The Sons of Heaven by Kage Baker
Territory by Emma Bull
Bad Monkeys by Matt Ruff
Thursday Next: First Among Sequels by Jasper Fforde

2 comments:

Nina Munteanu said...

There's the rub...to read or not to read, that is the question...whether t'is nobler in the mind to suffer...Ah, well. I get your point. So many books, too little time. How do you decide? No, really, how do you decide? Is it the book cover? The blurb on the back? The first few sentences? The author? I'm curious as an SF author.

Michael Berry said...

Take a look at the other "Books I'm Not Reading" entries, and you can see how I make some of my reviewing decisions. It's a balance between what I SHOULD review, what I WANT to review and what I simply can make time for.